Family travel can be expensive, so I’ve provided a few pointers to cut your travel bills down to size! Whether you plan to vacation across the country or make your way to the other side of the world, smart travel planning can save you big bucks. Never underestimate the power of planning!
When you are searching for a comprehensive vacation package, it pays to travel out of season. Peak season includes major holidays, summer and whenever your destination has an ideal climate. Try to book your air and hotel package in the off-season or shoulder months for maximum savings and a steal of a deal. In addition, to find the best bargains online, early reservations are recommended. Finally, remember to shop around. Five-star hotels and resorts will run periodic super sales for urban, beach and skiing locations, but three and four-star vacation getaways remain the consumer favorites for clean, comfortable and affordable accommodations worldwide.
2. What To Look For
The hotel and motel business is fiercely competitive. Everyone wants to build up a strong customer base for repeat sales, so diligent hoteliers will bend over backwards for your business with top-rated incentives such as a free breakfast bar, light snacks at lunchtime, or a free night's stay on select hotel deals. When great promotions are offered, it behooves you to take advantage of them! Reward the hotel with your patronage to show them that good deals actually pay off, and do yourself a financial favor too.
Taxi service may be convenient, but it can take a big bite out of a frugal travel budget. Families traveling to major city destinations will find efficient and affordable transportation from local buses, trains and subways. The key to getting where you want is to preview the city's public transportation system before your departure. Schedules and fares are posted online, and with a little homework, you can rack up impressive savings by cutting out cab fares. Use local transport for airport returns or for curbside service at the city's main attractions and events. In addition to regular low daily fares, local transportation systems often provide deep discounts and added value on passes ranging from one-day to one-month unlimited rides.
4. Home Rental Renting a vacation house is like having a home away from home. Unpack and stretch out in a one to five bedroom house with multiple bathrooms and a privately fenced yard. Actually, the vacation home rental industry has grown into a thriving business for families and other large parties to save big bucks on costly hotels. In addition to expansive accommodation, home rentals come complete with a ready-to-cook-in kitchen, all utensils and linens, and are tastefully furnished for all around comfort. Many vacation rental homes cost less than a five-star hotel and provide a self-catering travel plan that could cut your food and beverage bill in half. Preview your vacation rental home online with photos, and find a price to meet and exceed your thrifty travel budget.
Kyla Cather likes to save money on travel by visiting www.travelinsurance.org.
Other Related Guides
- Corsica: France’s Isle of Beauty
- It's Not All About Height! Choosing the Best Place in Europe to Ski Late in the Season.
- Tips for the Perfect Relaxing Trip to Bath
- Safest Holiday Destinations for Children Under 2
- 2013 Travel Guide to Malta
- Last Minute Travel Tips
- 2013 Travel Guide to Athens
- Greatest Ever Motorbiking Holidays
- Planning Your Trip to Ireland
- What’s It Like to Visit Barrow, Alaska?
- A Breathtaking Tour Around the West Coast of Ireland
- Great Cities to Host a Conference
- Why Should You Still Go To Greece On Your Summer Holiday?
- How to Beat Boredom on that Long-Haul Flight
- The Top 5 Attractions for Families in Dorset
- What is a Jewish Heritage Tour?
- Why Not to Take the Kids on a Caravan Holiday
- Diving Holiday Ideas For 2012
- A great golf holiday is a fantastic way to improve your game, to enjoy playing in some completely unique and across some famous courses.
- Camping Holidays in the UK - Three Locations that Kids will Love
- Entry and Medical Requirements for Mediterranean Countries
- How To Be An Eco-Friendly Traveller
- Top Ten Travel Apps
- World travel guides
- Saving Money Tips for Your Next Holiday
- Five Reasons Your Next Family Holiday Should Be a Road Trip
- Hotels: How to Get More Bang for Your Buck